MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY, PA 17551
Tenure-track Faculty Position in the
Department of Educational Foundations
Instructional Leader/Teacher Educator: Assistant Professor
The position requires knowledge and experience in educational leadership and teacher education. Primary teaching responsibilities will be based on expertise and may include the supervision of secondary student teachers and the instruction of Master's level supervision and leadership courses. Teaching responsibilities may include teaching at off-campus locations, evenings, and in a variety of online formats.
· ABD in curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, or related field
· Must have doctorate for eligibility for re-appointment to the second year,
· Three years U.S. public school teaching experience,
· Recent experience as a school principal and/or school administrator/leader,
· Experience supervising student teachers and/or classroom teachers,
· A research agenda with presentations on topics that may include: research on district and school leadership, classroom practice, and teacher education,
· Experience working with underrepresented populations,
· Experience in multiple instructional settings, including site-based settings and on-line formats,
· Experience with technology as it relates to classroom instruction and administrative leadership,
· A record of initiating, implementing, and evaluating educational programs and innovations, and
· Strong communication skills, a successful interview, and teaching demonstration.
· Earned doctorate in curriculum and instruction, educational leadership, or related field,
· A commitment to social justice as evidenced in research and teaching as well as one who would enhance the cultural diversity of Millersville University, and
· A commitment to integrity and to a collaborative climate in schools and universities.
· Competence in supervising secondary student teachers in the field.
Full consideration given to applications received by November 30, 2010. To apply, go to https://jobs.millersville.edu and create a faculty application. A cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of all transcripts and three current letters of recommendation will be required. For additional questions, contact
Dr. Cheryl T. Desmond, Ph.D. Dr. Nanette Dietrich, Ph.D.
Search Chair Search Co-Chair
An EO/AA Institution * www.millersville.edu