MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY, PA 17551
Tenure-track Faculty Position in the Department of Educational foundations
Assistant Professor: Secondary Education and Literacy
This position requires knowledge and experience in the field of Secondary Education and Literacy. Primary teaching responsibilities will be based on expertise and may include the supervision of secondary student teachers, working in a professional development school environment, preparing undergraduate students for secondary education certification and preparing teachers for National Board certification. Instruction will be at the undergraduate and Master’s level. Teaching responsibilities may include teaching off-campus, in the evenings, and in a variety of on-line formats.
· ABD in curriculum and instruction, Literacy, or a related field
· Must have doctorate completed for reappointment to the second year
· Three years U. S. public school (7-12) teaching school experience
· Expertise in the methods of teaching students with special needs and/or English Language Learners
· A scholarly agenda related to teacher education
· Experience in multiple instructional settings including site based and distance learning formats
· A record of educational innovation
· Proficiency in mentoring pre-service and in-service teachers
· Strong communication skills and a successful interview/teaching demonstration
· An earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, Literacy or a related field
· Experience in Professional Development School settings
· Ability to prepare candidates for National Board Certification
· Practical and theoretical experience in preparing pre-professionals in the delivery of literacy in the content areas
· Competence in supervising secondary student teachers in the field
Full consideration will be given to applications received by November 30, 2010. To apply, go to https://jobs.millersville.edu and create a faculty application. A cover letter, curriculum vita, copies of all transcripts and three current letters of recommendation will be required.
For additional questions, contact:
Chair: Dr. Dominic Scott, Ph.D. Co-Chair: Dr. Timothy Mahoney, Ph.D.
An EO/AA Institution * www.millersville.edu